Dr. Colin Burns (GDC Number 65349)
At Lockerbie dental our staff are highly trained and experienced this enable us to carry out more complex treatments. Our Implantologist Colin has over 20 years experience and would be happy to answer any questions you may have about your procedure and will ensure that your visit will be comfortable and pleasant.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery from Glasgow University (1990)
- Masters Degree with Merit (MSc) in Implant Dentistry from Warwick University 2012.
- 1st Class Merit in Paedodontics
- 2nd Class Merit in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Diploma of Membership of Faculty of Dental Surgery (MFDS RCS) from Royal College of Surgeons of England (2005)
- Implant Dentist G1 Dental
- Fellow of the International Team for Implantology (www.iti.org)
- Study Club Coordinator UK and Ireland Section
- Study Club Director – Glasgow
- Registered ITI Speaker and Mentor
- Has attended numerous courses and undergone implant training throughout the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland.
- Lectures on postgraduate courses to Dentists, Dental Therapists and Hygienists, and Dental Nurses on implant dentistry, anaesthetics and sedation.
- Mentor for dentists undergoing implant training.
- Member of the Association of Dental Implantology and European Association of Osseointegration.
- In placing and restoring implants he now work exclusively with the Straumann Dental Implant system.
- House Officer, Bristol Dental Hospital.
- Senior House Officer in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Victoria Hospital, Blackpool.
- Visiting Surgeon, Glasgow Dental Hospital in Oral Surgery and Restorative Dentistry.
- Vocational Dental Trainer, West of Scotland.
- Private Practice – Gloucestershire, Lancashire and Glasgow.